Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always to the very end of the age.”
– Matthew 28:18-20, NIV
Miles 4 Missions
Join us April 1-30, 2022 as we walk for Crosslink’s Miles 4 Missions! Our goal is to raise $12,000 to help equip Crosslink with resources necessary for operations, gathering and storing donated supplies, which enables us to provide materials and support to local and international mission teams. We believe in medical missions and know we are called to continue equipping and serving medical mission teams. In 2022 we’ve already equipped teams serving in Liberia, Ukraine, Peru, Togo, Nigeria, the United States, and Venezuela. During the month of April, we will be reflecting on the distance and challenging travel conditions families face to receive medical care from medical mission teams.
A recent Crosslink supported mission report from the Ivory Coast highlights the distance many traveled to the clinic and the great need for this clinic, “Some patients walked six miles on mountainous terrain to receive medical care. Medications received from Crosslink were exactly what the team needed to treat the most prevalent tropical diseases, including Malaria, Typhoid Fever, Amebic Dysentery, and parasite infestation.” I don’t know about you, but I cannot imagine walking one mile, much less six, with any of these maladies, especially over mountainous terrain. Some of these patients were mommas with young children.
The great news is that during the five days of clinic, the team treated 1,876 patients, and 586 made professions of faith!! Medical missions are important for so many reasons. As the host pastor for the Ivory Coast trip describes, “If we said, ‘Come hear the Word of God,’ no one would come. But, when we say, ‘Come for medical care; they come. It breaks down barriers.”
We hope you will join us!
Two easy ways to make a difference-
- Make a donation today by sponsoring one (or more) of our Crosslink Miles 4 Missions participants!
- Participate as a walker in Crosslink’s Miles 4 Missions between April 1 and April 30, 2022!
- Select the number of miles you will walk (or run) each day, per week, or a total goal for the month.
- Start your Sign-up by clicking the button below and on the next page select the “I want to fundraise for this!” button. Choose “Create my own page” and use your email to create your personalized Peer2Peer Fundraising page. You can share a personal note there along with the event details.
- Fundraise! Find sponsors by sharing your link via email and social media. We have created a default goal of $500 per participant but feel free to set your own goal.
- Update Continue to update your supporters and the Crosslink team on how your walking or running is going using the hashtag #miles4missions.
- Walk or run at your own pace each day.
- Try to set a goal of a mile a day for a total of 30 miles for the month. Challenge: 2 or more miles per day.
- We know the weather will not cooperate everyday nor will schedules. It’s ok!
- We will be posting Scriptures to meditate on and specific countries to pray for each morning.
- You can walk in your neighborhood, parks, trails, or anywhere you choose to get in your miles.
Special T-Shirts: All participants who raise $50 will receive a unique event Tee Shirt.
Prizes: Prize for most money raised.